By planning now to include our local Friends of the Hunt Hill Sanctuary, Inc. in your estate, you may be able to make a bigger difference at Hunt Hill without having to come up with funds immediately.
Check with your attorney or accountant for their professional guidance for your situation.
After taking care of your spouse and family, here are some other options available to you to help the environment – to leave a legacy:
- Consider including the Friends of Hunt Hill Audubon Sanctuary, Inc. as an additional beneficiary in your will.
- Donate land with a retained life estate clause that would allow you to live on the property as long as you wish. Check with your tax advisor or attorney for possible tax advantages – for property taxes, capital gains taxes, and charitable donation tax deduction.
- Sale of property for less than its appraised value would reduce or eliminate mortgage payments, taxes, and maintenance costs; and offer tax advantages also.
- Living trusts – giving ownership of assets, but keeping your rights to the assets while you’re still alive.
- Donate stocks or other securities.