Position: Spring and Fall Environmental Educator
Location: Hunt Hill Audubon Sanctuary
Term: Specific dates in May to early June with the possibility of some summer and fall work
Summary of Position:
A great opportunity to work outdoors and teach students about nature in a beautiful 500 acre ‘classroom.’ Great for substitute teachers, retirees, or anyone interested in fostering an understanding and appreciation of the environment in our youth without working full time! Environmental Educators will work closely with the Program Director to implement effective environmental education programs at our facility. Training will be provided.
- Guide students in exploration of habitats, plants, animals and survival techniques.
- Use pre-developed curriculum to teach interactive programs to (primarily) elementary-age students.
- Maintenance of all teaching props, sites, and meeting spaces
- Interest in nature, the outdoors and working with youth of all ages
- Enthusiastic, responsible and dependable
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience working with children in an educational or recreational setting is preferred
Pay: $70/day (days are generally 4-7 hours long)
Training will be provided.
To apply: Submit letter of interest and resume to Nikki Nelson, Program Director, at
Hunt Hill Audubon Sanctuary
N2384 Hunt Hill Road
Sarona, WI 54870