Interested in getting certified in lifeguarding? Join Hunt Hill’s two week American Red Cross lifeguard training that includes CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, plus all of the water rescue skills. We also add on Anaphylaxis /Epinephrine Auto Injector Training and Bloodborne Pathogens Training. Must be 15 and older to participate in the training.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (715) 635 – 6543.
What to Expect:
- Trainings will occur daily on the weekdays of June 5 – 9 and June 12 – 16, 2023. Please bring a swimsuit and towel for every day of class.
- Participants should arrive by 12:30 and plan to stay until 5:30 pm (some days we may end earlier depending on the lesson length, number of participants, and how efficient we are).
- This course will take place at Hunt Hill’s waterfront as much as possible, with a few skills taught at the Rice Lake pool. Participants should be prepared for cool water and aquatic plants.
- A prerequisite skills evaluation will occur on the first day of the course.
Prerequisite Skills Evaluation:
To participate in the course, you must be able to pass a prerequisite skills evaluation by doing the following:
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. You may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. You should place your hands under your armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds. Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Your face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed. Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object. Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object while keeping your face at or near the surface so you are able to get a breath. You should not swim the distance under water. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Included in Lifeguard Training:
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Basic First Aid
- Anaphylaxis /Epinephrine Auto Injector
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Basic Lifeguarding Skills
To complete this course…
- To successfully complete this course, you must attend the entire course, participate in all skill sessions/drills, activities and scenarios, demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios, and pass the final written exams with a minimum grade of 80 percent.
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive the American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for 2 years.
How to Register:
- Course Fee: $120/person, includes course & materials.
- Room & Board available at an extra cost. Please contact email@example.com for cost & more details about staying overnight.
- Registration required.