Warm yourself with a bowl of soup while enjoying camaraderie and conversation at Hunt Hill Audubon Sanctuary! Each month features a different guest speaker, along with a delicious lunch of soup, crackers, cheese, and dessert provided by Hunt Hill.
Dates: Third Tuesday of each month from January to April.
Lunch: 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm
Presentation: 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
Program Fee: $10/person
Hunt Hill Members: $7/person
Location: Upper Level of the Richard Grand Recreation Hall at Hunt Hill Audubon Sanctuary. There is no assigned seating.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Food: A delicious lunch of soup, crackers, cheese, and dessert will be provided by Hunt Hill. We strongly encourage participants to bring their own bowl, mug, and cutlery to reduce waste.
Restrooms will be available for use in the Richard Grand Recreation Hall.
Tuesday, January 16, 2024
The Power of Bird-Friendly Design
with Steve Betchkal, Ornithologist & Ecologist
Wild birds are in trouble. And unfortunately, the reason is us. Allowing house cats to roam free, the indiscriminate use of environmental toxins, thoughtless landscaping, and shiny glass and metal structures are annually killing birds by the billions. That brings up two immediate questions: What can you do about it? And what are you going to do about it? Ornithologist and ecologist Steve Betchkal can help you answer that.
Tuesday, February 20, 2024
with Gary Dunsmoor, Retired WI DNR Wildlife Technician
Snapshot Wisconsin is a volunteer-based project for wildlife monitoring. It utilizes partnerships and a statewide network of trail cameras. The project provides data needed for wildlife management decision support. It is also a unique opportunity for individuals, families and students to get involved in monitoring the state’s valuable natural resources. Learn how you can be involved in this incredible citizen science project with Gary Dunsmoor, retired WI DNR Wildlife Technician and Snapshot WI savant. Let's discover wildlife together!
Tuesday, March 19, 2024
Decoding the Driftless
Meal and a movie?! At this month's Soup Lunch, a special screening of Decoding the Driftless will be played. Decoding the Driftless “is a wild ride of adventure through the air, across rugged landscapes, on and under the water, through a secret underworld, and across time itself to explore and decipher ancient clues of archaeology, paleontology, geology, and biology of the Driftless Region, with its captivating scenic beauty.” To view the trailer, click here!
Tuesday, April 16, 2024
Wisconsin's Favorite Flying Mammal
with Jane Weber, WI Master Naturalist
Join us for an adventure into the mysterious realm of bats! Discover their unique abilities, essential role in ecosystems, and fascinating nocturnal lifestyle through a thoughtful presentation by bat enthusiast and Wisconsin Master Naturalist, Jane Weber. Unravel the secrets of these incredible creatures and gain a newfound appreciation for their significance in our natural world.
WAYS TO REGISTER
Call the office between 9 am & 4 pm on weekdays to register over the phone. We can take credit card payment over the phone.
Stop by the office between 9 am & 4 pm on weekdays to register in person or mail a check.
- Participants who cancel online or notify Hunt Hill by email or phone at least 48 hours before the program or event will receive a refund minus a 10% processing fee.*
- Participants can choose to receive their refund via their payment method or keep it as a credit** for a future program.
- Participants who cancel less than 48 hours before the program will not receive a refund or credit.
- Participants who cancel online or notify Hunt Hill by email or phone, at least 15 days before the day of the program or event will receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.*
- Participants who cancel less than 15 days will not receive a refund or credit, unless their spot can be filled by another participant. If filled, a refund will be issued minus a 10% processing fee.*
- Participants who cancel 48 hours or less before the program will not receive a refund or credit.
Refunds will follow the same procedures as the ‘Programs Over $25/person’, except that:
- If a participant cancels less than 15 days before the first day of Spanish Camp and the spot cannot be filled, the participant will receive a ½ refund (no additional 10% processing fee assessed).
- If a participant has to leave during the week of camp, a refund of $50/night will be refunded.
If Hunt Hill has to cancel a program or event, all paid registrants will receive a full refund or credit.
*There is no processing fee assessed on refunds kept as credit or when the participant paid with cash or check.
**Credits can be held until December 31 of the year the cancellation was made. After that, credit is forfeited. Hunt Hill is unable to offer refunds for credits requested and not used.